Carl continues to tackle what the NCAA Power 5 mascots would be in the Star Wars Universe.
– The Big 12 –
- Baylor Ewoks
- Iowa State Clones
- Kansas State Bacta Widcatters
- Kansas Anakins – Jayhawks got their name from guerilla groups in Kansas which were anti-slavery when slavery was still legal in the United States. I do remember Anakin Skywalker using a very effective guerilla attack to free his mother from the Sand People.
- Oklahoma State Kanans – Dave Filoni called Kanan the cowboy Jedi.
- Oklahoma Tatooine Settlers – Sooners are people who settled in unopened territories before it was legally allowed. The pioneers in Star Wars are living on outer rim planets like Tatooine.
- Texas Tech Tusken Raiders
- Texas Ahsokas – Ahsoka’s species is Togruta, which have large montrals (horns). That and her orange and white skin tones makes her the perfect person to represent Texas.
- Texas Christian Bossks – He is a bounty hunter who looks like a horned frog.
- West Virginia AT-TE Tank Walkers – These are armored transports used by clones. Some versions could scale vertical cliffs, making them quite useful in the mountains.
Up next, the ACC.