The Force Discourse: Saw Gerrera
On this episode of the Force Discourse, Carl and Amy do a character study of Saw Gerrera.
Using Rebel Rising by Beth Revis, as well as Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel by James Luceno, Rogue One, The Clone Wars and Rebels in their discussion, they discuss/ask:
- What caused Saw to use such drastic tactics?
- Would Steela have been proud of the man he became?
- Why would Lyra entrust the care of her daughter him?
- Was there ever a chance for Saw to fit in with the Rebellion?
- Is Carl unknowingly a sleeper Soviet agent who can be triggered into action by Robert Frost’s “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”?
Finally, Amy and Carl decide whether Saw was right about how far a rebellion needs to go for victory.
So join us as we blast out of the docking bay right now!